C-K’s medical recruiter was all smiles in front of council Monday night, as she introduced some of the community’s new doctors.
Fannie Vavoulis, medical recruiter and education co-ordinator for the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance, announced 11 new physicians were recruited in 2013.
“I’m here on this blue Monday with great news,” she said.
Vavoulis introduced a handful of the new physicians in the council chambers. The full list includes:
- Dr. Manjula Balasundaram – family medicine;
- Dr. Balaji Balasubramaniam – anesthesia;
- Dr. Dax Biondi – family medicine /ER/delivery;
- Dr. David Lapierre – family medicine /hospitalist;
- Dr. Jacqueline Wolting – family medicine /delivery;
- Dr. Melissa Johnson – family medicine /hospitalist;
- Dr. Muhammad Tashkandi – emergency medicine;
- Dr. Rizwan Muhammad – family medicine /ER;
- Dr. Judy Peters – family medicine;
- Dr. Neerja Sharma – OB/GYN; and
- Dr. Tanvir Ahmed – family medicine.
Vavoulis said the CKHA is always looking to recruit more ER physicians and there are spots open for family physicians in Dresden, Wallaceburg, Ridgetown, as well as the new site in Blenheim.
West Kent Bryon Fluker said working with the community health centres and family health teams has been positive.
“There has been some creative things done,” he said. “It’s a partnership I’m proud to be a part of.”