Dr Samantha Chandrasena grew up in Ottawa, Ontario and relocated to Chatham in 2011.
Dr Chandrasena completed Bachelor of Health Sciences at Western University. She continued her education and received her Medical Degree at Medical University of the Americas in Nevis, West Indies (Caribbean), and Family Medicine Residency at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
September 2011, Dr Chandrasena opened her practice in Chatham with Thamesview Family Health Team and in July 2013 she moved her practice to the Blenheim Medical Center in Blenheim. Shortly after the Blenheim Medical Center physicians joined Chatham Kent Family Health.
Dr Chandrasena provides the following services for her patients:
• Hospital Inpatient Care and Lumps & Bumps in Ambulatory Care & Blenheim for her patients
• House Calls for certain Geriatric/Palliative patients in her practice
• House Physician for Eden Villa Retirement Home (www.edenvilla.ca)
• House Physician for St. Andrew’s Retirement Home (www.standrewsresidence.com/)
• Part-time Hospitalist at CKHA caring for inpatients without Family Physicians/Physicians without privileges
• Special Interest Palliative Care
Dr Chandrasena community involvement projects include:
• Recently involved with the YMCA Youth Leadership Initiative, Project Guatemala
• Part of a Professional Bollywood Dance Troupe in St. John’s, NL
Dr Chandrasena professional development activities include:
• Palliative & Hospice Care
• Physician Leadership Development